Sea-Hawks Clinch Playoff Spot with Split

Sea-Hawks Clinch Playoff Spot with Split

(St. John's, NL) The Sea-Hawks Men's against the Université de Moncton Aigles Bleus was once more a close contest, with the Aigles Bleus edging the Sea-Hawks by a score of 0-1. 

After a 2-1 last minute effort by the Sea-Hawks last evening, many were poised for a tight and emotional game with a playoff berth in contention.

The Moncton Aigles Bleus started the game being more aggressive and incisive in the search of a victory that narrowly eluded them last evening. The Aigles Bleus were the more composed side on the first half with good supply that found their forwards time and time again. The Sea-Hawks defended valiantly, but often encountered difficulties in their ball circulation as the Aigles Bleus pressured very high up on the field.

The Aigles Bleus were offensively superior to the Sea-Hawks in the first half with 7 shots to 0. One of those shots was handsomely rewarded as sub Jean Michel-Dako found the net after only 2 minutes (min 31) on the field. The Sea-Hawks appealed for an off-side but the goal stood on the scoreboard.

The second half started with the Sea-Hawks pushing for an equalizer and generating many offensive chances. The Sea-Hawks were almost rewarded with a goal, when a double chance inside the Aigles Bleus' box ended up with a shot hitting the crossbar by Tyler Kirby.

The Sea-Hawks offense pushed for a goal right until the end and almost found one once more in the boots of Tyler Forsey, but his shot sailed wide to the right hand side narrowly missing the net.

Subway POG from Moncton was GK Louis Bergeron.

With this result the Sea-Hawks will await the result of games featuring the UPEI Panthers and Dalhousie to certify their spot in the AUS tournament, while the Moncton Aigles Bleus narrowly missed landing a play-off spot.

The AUS tournament will be taking place in Sydney, NS from the 2nd to the 5th of November. All games can be followed online through

By: Xavier Quintilla