Sydney, NS- The goals came early and often in CBU's 3-2 win over Memorial on Saturday afternoon. Memorial's Tyler Forsey earned the first goal of the game for Memorial at the 10' mark. The Capers speedy Cory Bent answered less than a minute later to tie the contest. Just 2 minutes later Fomba Fambulleh put the visitor ahead again. 5 minutes later, Capers captain Stuart Heath tied it again. Then 4 minutes later Marcus Campanile put the home side up 3-2 on a penalty. The two sides then settled into a more conservative approach the rest of the way with the Capers holding on for the win.
Memorial was awarded a penalty shot in the 91st minute as the Caper defender took down the attacking player in the box. Sea-Hawk veteran Jordi Slaney's shot sailed over the top of the bar and the game ended.
- Rookie Caper Charlie Waters led the way with 2 poinst
- 5 different players had 1 goal each. Capers Bent, Heath & Campanile. Sea-Hawks Forsey & Fambulleh
- Waters led in assists with 2
- Water also led the game with 5 shots (3 SOG)
- Sea-Hawk Keeper Braedan Sheppard led in saves with 6
News & Notes
The Capers moved to 4-0-1
The Memorial fall 3-2-0
There were 4 yellow cards in the match CBU is now tied with St.Fx for 1st place
Subway Player of the Game goes to Charlie Waters