Out Move Sammy
I love the way you move.
Memorial's mascot Sammy the Sea~Hawks has the moves. But Sammy is not the only mascot at Memorial, and the others can move too.
Every year at I Love MUNdays the mascots of Memorial's residence houses at Paton College and Burton's Pond compete to see who can Out Move Sammy. The winner gets bragging rights and a serious prize.
Out Move Sammy 2012
Saturday, October 20 at halftime of the women's soccer game at King George the Vth Park (lakeside Quidi Vidi). The game starts at 1pm. There will also be a pre-game tailgate party with BBQ and music.
Residence Houses / Clubs and Societies it is time to sign up to participate in Out Move Sammy 2012.
All you need to sign up is a mascot. What is a mascot? That is up to you.
The prize for this year's Out Move Sammy competition is a $1000 cash prize and bragging rights for the whole year.
- Out Move Sammy will take place at halftime of the Memorial vs. St. FX women's soccer game on October 20.
- Transportation to and from the field will be available from Paton College
- The contest will consist of two rounds
- In the first round each mascot will be given 20 seconds to perform to the crowd (on their own without Sammy) to win the crowd over.
- The judges will then determine which three mascots advance to the finals.
- Mascots can use props if they wish however they must be approved in advance.
- The finals will involve the three finalists and Sammy dancing together for 30 seconds.
- When the 30 second final round is completed the winner will be decided based on crowd applause.
- Registration is open to all Paton College houses, Burton's Pond and any Club or Society on campus.
- Registration will be open until Thursday, Oct. 18, 2012.
- To register send your group name (house, club, or society), the name of your mascot, and the music you would like to perform to. Music must be clean versions and not contain questionable subject matter. If available please send an Mp3 of required music timed to the exact portion of the song you wish your mascot to perform to.
- E-mail John Harvey with any questions or to register at firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event of poor weather we will make a decision to postpone at 8am on October 20 and post to the Sea-Hawks twitter account @MUNathletics, online at www.goseahawks.ca and on the Sea-Hawks facebook page.