Sea~Hawks Make a Difference
Get with the program.
The Memorial University Sea~Hawks athletic program gives student-athletes an opportunity to continue their pursuit of sporting and athletic triumphs. At Memorial you’ll find male and female varsity sports teams in soccer, cross-country running, volleyball, basketball, swimming, and wrestling. These elite athletes compete in the Altantic University Sport (AUS) conference with champions heading to the Canadian Interuniversity Sport (CIS) championships.
As Sea~Hawks, our student-athletes embrace a responsibility to represent Memorial in the right way through making a positive impact in the community. By doing this our athletes are becoming more socially responsible and are gaining the experience needed to become future community leaders.
The Sea-Hawk Way.
The Sea~Hawks athletic program has been involved in a large number of community initiatives. Some of the highlights include:
- The Rotary Read-A-Long program
- Makkovik coastal Labrador outreach project
- Adopt a 'Hawk program (men's volleyball)
- Terry Fox Run (The Terry Fox Foundation)
- Operation Toys for Kids (Salvation Army)
- Shoot for the Cure (Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation)
- Special Olympics camp
- Canadian Blood Services
- Telegram Raise a Reader program
- Individual teams have also been involved in a number of other events and causes in the community.
For information on how to get the Sea~Hawks involved in your event contact us at 709-864-3479